Monday, August 22, 2011

Author Monday

I've realized that I have been slacking in my posting. In order to change that, I've decided to put myself on a schedule. Author Monday's will feature, interviews, news stories, and just information about up and coming authors.

Today, I have a couple different items. The first is a news story that came out of England. It cites concerns that with the age of the e-book authors will make less money than with traditional print. The story does mention the success of Amanda Hocking and John Locke as counterpoints. I'm going to disagree with the point of this story. For many of us, independent publishing into e-book is giving us the opportunity to fulfill a dream. As independent authors we are also creating a say in our own success or failure in that career (with whatever your goals are in writing). We can afford to charge less for our books because we have less overhead to clear than a traditional publisher.

The other item is that up and coming author Graeme Rylee, is speculating that big chain bookstores will not last this independent stream that is going. He states that independent bookstores will gain the most from it. I don't know whether I agree or disagree. Rylee gained a spot at Vroman's bookstore in Pasadena, CA.

Whatever happens, I know most of us are here to stay in the writing and publishing world doing what we love to do best. Create.


To have the honor and pleasure of creating the written word. https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jaz1181

No comments:

Post a Comment